Monday, October 1, 2012

30 Free Halloween Fonts

Have I mentioned that I am a Font Junky? It's a real thing. Ask the memory on my computer - totally crammed with the burden of storing my insane number of fonts.


I love paper. Just paper - all kinds. My sister and I used to play office when we were kids. We just couldn't get enough of scrap paper, old computer paper {remember the green and white striped printer paper with the holes on the sides?}, carbon copy paper! Oh my, it was just too much fun for 2 little girls to handle. :)

Not surprisingly, when I grew up I started my own invitation and stationery business. Custom printing was my forte. I had experience in word processing AND fine arts {and many other very random things}. It came naturally, and so did my love of typeface. I collected fonts like I collect vintage goodies. I followed typeface blogs back when I didn't know they were called blogs. I think I thought it was a newsletter. :)

Anywho... I closed my business about 2 years ago to focus on my job as mommy. My daughter was about 1-1/2 years old and crazy into everything. She wasn't like my son, who would be content to play with Thomas trains for eons. She flitted from one dangerous thing to another. To be privy to her brainwaves would be mind boggling to me. SO BUSY, I tell you! She needed more than constant supervision, she needed a full time bodyguard.

Closing my business was not an easy decision, as it was one of my babies, too. But I didn't want to compromise my family for my business. And it was nearly impossible to slow it down and make any profit at all. 

So, 2 years have gone by, and my love affair with paper and FONTS lives on. I have compiled 30 FREE Halloween fonts here for your viewing pleasure. :)

You've probably seen some before, but hopefully I threw in a couple new ones for you. I tried to include a good variety of classic Halloween, kid-friendly and downright creepy fonts. I also included a dingbat font at the bottom because, well, look at it! It's scary cute!

You can find the majority of these available for download at DaFont.com. It is a wonderful free font site. I have used it for years. If you need help finding or downloading fonts, just email me and I'll see what I can do.



I will most likely be adding some Halloween printable freebies on here soon, too! So check back or follow along if you like. If you create anything with one of these, please share. I'd love to see it!

*Yes, I realize that this really has nothing to do with vintage, but like Shrek, I am like an onion - many layers. It's been on repeat in the car lately. :)

10 comments:

  1. These are so great! I love the pumpkins. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dori, I love the free font post. I'm a new follower:) I posted vintage chenille pumpkin. I'm a newbie, follow me too and give me a facebook like at www.sewsweetvintage.com Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm an empty nester, and believe me, it seems like yesterday i was a mommy. Your career will always be there. Being a mom is THE MOST important job there is. So enjoy the ride!!!! Love that you have this creative outlet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super creepy, Dori! I pinned. Will definitely use these... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of fonts! Come share them at my "Freebie Friday" Link Party at http://www.shybydesign.com/2012/10/05/freebie-friday-1-breast-cancer-awareness-pink-paper-pack-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you again this Friday :)

      Delete
  5. found you at under the table link party-LOVE this collection (man that was a lot of work you put into it!)just signed up to be your newest GFC! yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, I too am a font junky! I love them! I saw your email and got so excited and saved it so that I could explore the wonderful world of fonts when I had more time. Well, I get so much email that I couldn't remember who had sent the font one and couldn't find it for the life of me in my mail box. Going through all the email in there tonight, I found it! I immediately went over to download a few fonts and was as giddy as a child on Chnristmas morning! I even posted about it, putting a link to your blog as well as one to the font site in my post! Thank you so much for sharing this! I really, really AM a font nut and discovered that if I write my posts in Word, I can then cut and paste them to blogger (I don't know if there is a way to automatically get them in blogger while writing a post). Such fun! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for these adorable Halloween fonts! I'll be back on Christmas! Hope you'll prepare some fonts for this holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me hear what you have to say...